Date:      Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:26:27 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: documentation: how to write a PLIST

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 12:21:58PM -0400, Rasmus Kaj wrote:

>  TV> No, they only go into the pkg/DESCR port files.  They ultimately make
>  TV> their way into the ports INDEX file.  They are supposedly used by some
>  TV> tools.  I'm not sure what tools, or why...
>
> Hmm? That seems like a comment on my third paragraph (which you didn't
> quote), if it was intended as an answer to the quoted paragraph, I may

Ya, it sure seems that way, eh?  :-)

> point out that doc/handbook/porting.sgml is the instructions for
> contributing a port, and line 177 of it is in the middle of an example
> of a pkg/DESCR file.

Ahh...  You're looking at an old copy of the handbook.  I did update
the current handbook (http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/porting.html)
when the change was made.  Thanks, for checking, though.  :)

[doc/handbook/porting.sgml is the old LinuxDoc handbook; the new
 DocBook handbook hangs-out in doc/en/handbook/ports/chapter.sgml].

> You don't want to have to keep inserting 'WWW:' into every new port
> that comes in, do you?  :-)

Hehe.  I stopped doing that after about ten.

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.