Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 02:46:57 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        "Dan Ts'o" <dan@dna.rockefeller.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New K6 bug ?

Dan Ts'o wrote:

> > Boh , I don't know how to explain but if I swap my k6 233 with a pentium
> > mmx 233 the world is compiled without problems....
> >
> > But with the k6 I am compiled everything and a lot of world before Sat
> > 20 Dec.
>
>         Electromigration ?
>         You have an old "world" to compile to confirm your theory ?

If I cvsup the tree of a few days before Saturday 20 I can bet that  my
k6 can make the world again :-)

>         Or perhaps with time, your K6 is breakdown down. Clock down your K6
> to 200 to see if it helps. If so, then electromigration from overheating...

UHm... You are trying to say me that K6 with the overheating break
something in it ? Could it be done ?
Perhaps the 2.8v of Pentium mmx instead the 3.2v of the k6 can explain a
lot of thing here ?

Marry Xmas and happy new year

--

Regards...