Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2018 13:07:44 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "andreas.nagy@frequentis.com" <andreas.nagy@frequentis.com>
Subject:   NFSv4.1 server deficiencies fixed for ESXi client

Hi,

Since I posted w.r.t. issues that seem to violate the RFC, I figured I shou=
ld also
post ones that identified deficiencies in the FreeBSD server. These have ei=
ther
been patched in head/current or will be soon and will be MFC'd.

- BindConnectiontoSession wasn't implemented. It is never used by the FreeB=
SD
  client and not used during normal operation of the Linux client.
  --> Now in head and will be MFC'd soon.
- OPEN_SHARE_ACCESS_WANT_NO_DELEG flag generated an error when set for
  OpenDowngrade. Since OpenDowngrade never issues a delegation, no other cl=
ient
  sets this flag. However, since the RFC doesn't forbid it, the code in hea=
d now just
  clears/ignores the flag instead of generating an error.
- ESXi client generates warnings that "2" is not a valid reason for not iss=
uing
  a delegation. Since "2" is in the list and the RFC says nothing about whe=
n each
  reason is used, I don't know why it thinks it isn't valid. However, a pat=
ch that changes
  the reason makes it happy and since other clients don't seem to care, thi=
s patch
  will probably go in head soon.
  (Until then, all it does is generate warnings.)
 =20
rick