Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:07:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jamie Jones <jamie@bishopston.net>
To:        jamie@bishopston.net, mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Power to Serve England

> The following, from you original post sounded political to me:
>
> 	I can see no reason shouldn't be
> 	under the uk heirarchy, or is this more a political than
> 	geographical split ?
>
> 	[snip]
>
> 	What are so special about these groups, as to not include us
> 	Welsh, or the Scots and Irish ?
>
> If they weren't meant that way then I apologize, I'm not trying to start
> a political debate/flamewar here.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I mentioned "political" in that
I hoped this wasn't due to a political agenda, as I didn't think
it was an appropriate reason in this case.

The mention of "Welsh, Scots and Irish" was meant to show that there
was no logical reason in splitting off these groups, not to emphasise
a political issue.

> A quick search of my ISPs newsgroups for "england" only threw up these
> (except for New England related ones):
>
>   alt.england.sux
>   alt.england.sux.scotland.and.wales.rule.the.world
>   alt.england.sux.wales.and.scotland.rule.the.world
>
> [no comment]

Damn. How did you know I created those ? :-)

> I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I obviously misinterpreted your
> comments and I apologize.

No need to apologise. I obviously wasn't clear enough. Like you, the
last thing I want to do is make a political issue out of this.

Cheers,
Jamie