Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:29:13 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ftpd & Windows compatibility

On Saturday 07 January 2006 02:58 pm, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> or to be exact - Windows incompatibility with standards & FreeBSD
> server.
>
> the problem:
>
> Windows clients (like total commander) can't fetch or delete files
> with spaces in name - while it can create such file.
>
> are there any solutions?

I have used WS Ftp-pro for years and never had any problems with blanks.=20
I back up on to FreeBSD all of the music I convert into a lossy medium=20
and the artist names, albums, and track names all have embedded blanks.

I think there is a lite version that you can download for free.

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostar=E1s sin saber una cosa m=E1s"