Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:04:11 -0500
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        JCostain <jcostain@ebci.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, JCostain wrote:

>  I was just thinking of installing FBSD on a laptop, an old 486 any
> tips?? I am definately a Newbie, WINNT 4 based mostly, I want to
> broaden my horizons, with Unix. Any tips would be greatly
> appreciated. J Costain

  I installed 2.1.7 on an NEC Versa (486-66) along with (ugh) Win 95 on
a 350 Mb
Hard drive several months ago.  I don't remember much about it, so it
must have
been fairly painless.  If memory serves me correctly I did an NFS
install from
another FreeBSD host.

What equipment is on your laptop, CD-ROM, network card, etc?

Toby