Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:35:08 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        bangel@elite.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 soundcard question.

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:38:49 GMT, bangel@elite.net wrote:

> I have an ensoniq soundscape ISA card, always worked great in freebsd
> using the sscape driver.

Is it a PnP card?  If so, I'd have thought (from the pcm(4) manual page)
that a simple ``device pcm'' should suffice.  For a non-PnP card, your
pcm0 line looks right.

> What's the proper way to get it working with the new pcm driver? I've
> tried everything, in my kernel right now I have:

> # isa soundcard
> device          pcm0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0
> device          sbc0    at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15

I don't think the sbc0 device is appropriate, but I'm not sure.

Also, the LINT file suggests that you want the sscape and sscape_mss
drivers, but again, I'm just giving you possibilities, since nobody else
seems to have answered your question.

So if I were in your shoes, I'd first try

	device pcm

then

	device pcm0 at isa? port 0x534 irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

then

	device sscape0 at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 drq 0
	device sscape_mss0 at isa? port 0x534 irq 10 drq 1

Good luck!

Ciao,
Sheldon.