Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 11:39:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Johan=20Petersson?= <kjep@yahoo.com>
To:        Patrick Soltani <psoltani@ultradns.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Duplex problem with Etherlink XL (3c900B), using xl driver.

Trying 100basetx gives me :

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

which is hardly surprising since the card does not support 100Mbps.
The xl man page says "full-duplex" and "half-duplex" are supported
as media options. I don't get any error message when using
"full-duplex", it's just the network performace drops and the LED
on the switch does not come on (so the cards is not really switching
to full duplex). It would seem like the card supports full duplex
though since the switch indicates so before the NIC is probed by
FreeBSD.

/Johan