Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:35:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Maarten van Schie <AnEra@dds.nl>
To:        Patrik Forsberg <Patrik.Forsberg@interbizz.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Processors and FreeBSD

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Patrik Forsberg wrote:
> I intend to run FreeBSD on a x86 platform, what processor/motherboard do you recommend, Intel or AMD

I read about some problems with both AMD cpu's and VIA chipsets, in this
list. The AMD stuff is much much cheaper and maybe equal in overal
stability. Also the AMD's seem to be significantly faster than the
Intel's. You could search the mailinglist archives for encountered
problems or(and) just wait for other replies,

Maarten.