Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:55:04 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such asNetBSD!!!

owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org wrote:
> On 02/09/05 09:45 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC sat at the
> `puter and typed:
>
> Yes, but business is why Microsoft Windows (*) sucks old rocks.
> Microsoft is in business to make money, not better software.  I was
> always under the impression that while the FreeBSD foundation was "in
> business" to promote FreeBSD, the chief focus of the core team has
> always been a better OS.  Keeping Beastie is a statement of sorts that
> the FreeBSD team is NOT interested in business, just their work.
>
> Once upon a time, a geek could get by with their idiosyncrasies
> because they were obviously not interested in the power points that
> the businessmen and politicians wanted.  They were only interested in
> their gadgetry, software, and whatever cool new technology came along.
> Now, one by one, everyone's worried about "business like" images,
> logos, and whatnot.

Hi Louis,

  Yep, I was wondering how long it would take before someone figured
this one out.  We know the real rea$on$ that this logo change is
being contemplated, don't we.

> You may be right, but I still strongly (but respectfully) disagree.

And I strongly disagree without any respect.  Respectful disagreement
is one of the power points that the businessmen and politicians
want, it has never been a geek idiosyncracy.

Ted