Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:33:16 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@physics.uvt.ro>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone running amavis and sendmail on 4.6-STABLE?

Hi,

>I would suggest the milter version with amavisd. We use it along with
>f-prot (under linux emulation) for our customer base as well as
>McAfee/NAI scanner on another internal only host.  They work really
>well. If you use f-prot, you need to make one little patch to amavisd to
>catch heuristic hits, otherwise it will miss some viruses.  But it
>handles the load really well and has so far been quite reliable.

Having f-prot installed I've tried to use amavisd from ports, but i have
the same failures as described previously in my email.
I tried amavisd and amavisd-new with sendmail (but NO milter).

Maybe somebody can check my Mlocal definition (from the previous mail)
which I derived from /usr/local/share/doc/amavis/README.sendmail.

In Mlocal, what is the difference between
        A=amavis $f $u /usr/libexec/mail.local -d $u
as suggested by README.sendmail in amavis-0.3.12pre8 and
        A=amavis $f $u -- /usr/libexec/mail.local -d $u
as suggested by README.sendmail in amavisd-new-20020517 and
amavisd-snapshot-20020300.tar.gz ?

Regards,

Gheorghe ARDELEAN

West Univ. Of Timisoara
Dept. of Theoretical and Computational Physics
Email: ardelean@quasar.physics.uvt.ro