Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:04:05 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Getting fed up of "undefined reference to dgettext"

Hey all,

Ever since the gettext port was updated, I've been patiently waiting
for someone to go in and fix all the ports that now break while being
built with errors like "undefined reference to `dgettext'".

I do have both gettext packages installed :

gettext-0.10.35_1   GNU gettext package
gettext-0.11.1      GNU gettext package

which I believe is supposed to fix the problem, but it doesn't.

I even uninstalled every package on the system and then rebuilt
everything from scratch, but it hasn't helped.

Ports that fail to build in particular are :

gkrellm-1.2.11 (annoying, but not terrible as I installed 1.2.9
		from packages)

gqview-1.1.1   (very annoying, as I can't get plugger to build
		without it)

So just what _is_ the fix for this ?  I'm sure I can't be the only
person who has had problems here.

Help, please ?

Ceri

--