Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:56:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@acm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CompUSA adventure

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Dave Walton wrote:

> me:  I'm looking for a non-winmodem PCI modem.
> sales droid:  Why don't you want a winmodem?
> me:  They're junk, and they only work with Windoze.
> droid:  What are you using it with?
> me:  <guessing he never heard of FreeBSD>  Unix.
> droid:  <knowingly>  Ah.  <thoughtful pause>  If you call Unix they
> should have a list of modems they support.

haha, now that is sad but oh so true. I have had many similar experiences
at compusa, best buy etc.. I don't even talk to the sales people anymore,
If I cant find what im looking for I just leave.
Althought the last time I walked into the local CompUSA I was wearing my
FreeBSD hat, and one of the sales dorks saw it and was a serious linux
zealot and starting attacking me and proclaiming the end of the world on
roll over to the new millinium and telling me how he will "stand proud
when the world burns and windows is no more and I am happily booting up
with LILO and linux shall rule the world!". I don't go to that store
anymore :-)

Chris