Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:32:36 -0600
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <jbronson@lonebandit.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp blackhole and ident

I have a question. I setup the following in sysctl.conf:

net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
net.inet.udp.blackhole=1

..Well this works, but now I have a new issue.
I run sendmail and as such, need to allow TCP 113 into this machine
and yet get CONNECTION REFUSED. - I dont want to run IDENT, but
need to still get the CONNECTION REFUSED...

Currently (and as expected) the packets drop forever.

Any ideas on how I can have the best of both worlds?

In additon, what is the best security setting for:

net.inet.tcp.icmp_may_rst=1 or 0 ?

Thanks!

--
J.D. Bronson - "LoneBandit"
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA