Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2003 08:52:59 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        aarong <aarong@megapathdsl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail format problems (was: Issues mirroring drives with Vinum in FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE)

--uKwnt1DTffWt333R

On Saturday,  4 October 2003 at 10:36:15 -0700, aarong wrote:

> On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 01:30  AM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> [Format recovered--see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html]
>>
>> Computer output unwrapped.
>
> Having seen that message in many of your replies on the lists, I went
> out of my way to make sure Mail.app (the OS X mailer) would send
> messages text/plain and nothing else. Upon further examination of my
> headers it seems it's adding some 'format=flowed' business to the
> Content-Type. I can't find a work around; perhaps a look at Entourage
> is in order.

The format=flowed is benign.  It just tells the receiving MUA to wrap
text where appropriate.  The text line lengths are already correct.
The problem is that computer output *shouldn't* be wrapped, and that's
what your MUA is doing.  It may be a limitation of an MUA which
insists on reformatting for you.  If you find a way of fixing it,
please let me know and I'll add it to my pages at
http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html.

I'll answer the technical question separately.

Greg

--uKwnt1DTffWt333R

--uKwnt1DTffWt333R--