Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:34:18 +0300
From:      Vladimir Terziev <vladimirt@rila.bg>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems catching SIGPIPE when writing to a broken stream

	Hi hackers,

	I'm implementing a programmme, which writes a big amount of data (using write(2)) to a socket.
	When the communication stream has been closed by some reason, during the write(2) call, my process receives SIGPIPE. I tryed to catch it with signal(3) and change the behaviour of write(2) call with siginterrupt(3), but SIGPIPE is still raised to my process and terminates it.

	Any help and ideas will be useful!

	regards,

		Vladimir