Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:43:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@worldbank.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compiling LKMs

Hey all - I'm running 3.0-current.  After a "make world", I noticed that I
could no longer load the linux emulation.  Modload reported several
"Undefined Symbol" errors.  Similarly, the ibcs2 emulation loading
reported an error as well (although at least it loaded).

After messing around for a while, I realized that if I back out to the
previous (before make world) version of the linux_mod.o, and the ibcs2
.o modules, everything works again.

So the question is, what am I doing wrong?  Why can't I compile the lkm's
as part of the make world and have them continue to work?

Thanks for any help...