Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:19:42 -0700
From:      Micheas Herman <micheas@freep.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: qmail: mbox to maildir preserving time stamps.

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 17:13, Gary wrote:
> Hello Micheas,
>
> On Saturday, October 4, 2003, 12:54:13 AM, you hammered out:
>
> M> I have about 100 mboxes that I need to convert in to maildirs.
> M> I REALLY want the timestamp of the files in the maildir to match the
> M> timestamps inside the emails.
>
> M> Does anyone have a suggestion?
>
> There are several converters on www.qmail.org  specifically here
>
>  http://qmail.cdsinet.net/top.html#maildir
>
>  I don't know if they keep the same timestamps, but I don't see why not.
>  You can always make a test of one.

        I found one that works. mb2md  The others I tried don't backdate
        the timestamp of the files they are creating.
        mb2md is not perfect. it sets the date to when the files was
        sent not the time form the last mailserver, but it is better
        than 40,000 messages with the approximately the same time.

        Micheas

--
Micheas Herman <micheas@freep.org>