Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld problem with 4.4 release

Folks,
Upgrading a system via CVsup for the first time. Thought I had a handle on it, but I've run into a
snag. Pasted below is the guts of my sup file, and the Stop error I am seeing when I try to run
'make buildworld'. I *did* use 'script' to save the entire output of 'make buildworld', but I am
guessing that the last few lines will be helpful enough (plus, I don't want to clog the ether with
pages of useless text!) Thanks in advance.

Jason

sup file guts:
*default tag=RELENG_4_4_0_RELEASE
*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all

Error I am seeing after running 'make buildworld':

exsup.o mri.o  ../libbfd/libbfd.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
eelf_i386.o: In function `gldelf_i386_open_dynamic_archive':
eelf_i386.o(.text+0xc7b): undefined reference to `basename'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld.