Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:39:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steven Grady <grady@adsl-209-233-28-31.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/26579: FAQ inconsistency regarding allocating swap with vnconfig

>Number:         26579
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       FAQ inconsistency regarding allocating swap with vnconfig
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	4.1-RELEASE

	According to the FAQ, to swap immediately, you invoke:
	    vnconfig -ce /dev/vn0c /usr/swap0 swap
	But /etc/rc does the following:
	    vnconfig /dev/vn0b $swapfile && swapon /dev/vn0b

    	I'm not sure whether it matters whether you swap on vn0b or
	vn0c, but it would cause less confusion if the two were
	consistent.

	(I checked with jkh, who said:
	    Not sure it always matters, but "vn0b" is certainly
	    more "correct."
	)