Date:      Fri, 4 Nov 2016 07:06:32 -0400
From:      David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pax(1) needs to learn POSIX-pax format (by libarchive(3)?)

On Nov 4, 2016, at 04:54, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de> wrote:

> Would be wonderful if someone could catch up pax(1)'s libarchive(3)
> transition, but I guess the libarchive developers aren't interested or
> have very much spare resources=E2=80=A6

Have you asked them? Do they know it is a problem? Do they have a bug =
tracking system?

If people do not tell them about problems they cannot know about them. =
If not a lot of people complain about a bug, then they may think it is a =
low priority: the more people complain about it the higher up the TODO =
list it will go.