Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:52:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in (Rahul Siddharthan)
Cc:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass), reg@FreeBSD.ORG (Jeremy Lea), kris@catonic.net (Kris Kirby), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did NetBSD and FreeBSD diverge?

> > >You mean, you think reading your rants, flames and paranoid
> > >delusions *is* fun?
> >
> > Another fun aspect of the hazing: those doing it have a
> > tendency to "pile on."
>
> I'm not hazing.  How could I?  You've been around on the
> FreeBSD lists much longer than me...
> I was perfectly serious, and so is everyone else who you
> think is hazing you.

I agree; Brett is not being hazed, and he already has
membership, even though he has been threatened with being
"banned" from the lists.

Think "blanket party", as punishment for a members violation
of the rules established by the controlling membership.

--

Really, "banning" won't work, unless you are willing to shut
off every open relay, anonymous remailer, and personally

...In other words, there's really no way to "ban" someone
who is really determined, and willing to out-spend you,
unless you are willing to cut your own throat.  The Internet
has no "prison" equivalent.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---