Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:31:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        Hervey Wilson <herveyw@dynamic-cast.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse error?

Thank you. Your post got me going so I searched stable and hardware. The posts
there dealt with problems introduced with a hardward switch. This is a laptop
with a touch pad and a ps/2 port. The ps/2 mouse if used at boot overrides the
touchpad.

I eventually found a post from someone who set the flags to 0x300, but could not
find any reference to what the flags mean. The source is not very clear (to
me).i

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Hervey Wilson wrote:

> I had a similar problem and found the fix, but I can't find the link that
> described it right now. Anyway, the fix was to add 'flags 0x100' to the
> device psm0 definition for the kernel, rebuild the kernel and reboot. Cured
> mine nicely :)
>
> The complete line from my kernel config is:
>
> device psm0 at atkbdc? irq 12 flags 0x100
>
> H.

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com