Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 11:06:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        kenh@entropic.com (Ken Hornstein)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Linux with 4.2 filesystem

I'm copying hackers -- hope you don't mind...

Someone out there may have clarification on this.

--Bill

> >The story I heard is ext2fs has been adopted as the filesystem for GNU's
> >operating system (when it gets loose).
>
> Are you really sure about this?  The last time I looked at info on HURD, it
> very specifically made reference to the BSD 4.4 filesystem code.  Maybe I
> mis-read it (this was about a month ago, I guess).
>
> --Ken

It was posted in one of the Linux groups.  Perhaps it's an optional
file system type.

(One thing I like about Linux is the availability of SysV, Coherent, Xenix,
HPPF filesystems... now they add 4.2FS -- it's great to be able to mount
disks/diskettes from other os's to move source/elf/coff binaries...)

Bill
 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  |
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2943 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil