Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:16:49 -0500
From:      Michael Bangert <mbanger@champion.iupui.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IDE hard drives, ATAPI CD's

>From all the documentation I can read, it seems that an ATAPI CD-ROM
must be on the primary IDE as a slave drive.  I have 2 Hard drives, and
one CD-ROM.  If I put the CD-ROM on primary/slave IDE and put the second
hard drive on secondary/master,  DOS gets quite screwed up.

The thing is, I want FreeBSD to live on the 2nd Hard drive, and DOS on
the first.  Am I throwing potato chips into the wind here?

Thank you,
Michael Bangert
mbanger@iupui.edu