Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:00:28 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Aron Roberts <aron@slam.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mwavem on 5.1-REL panic

> Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:43:50 -0400
> From: Aron Roberts <aron@slam.cc>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> I am having a problem with the mwavem in 5.1-RELEASE which causes the
> kernel to panic immediately after the module is loaded. Is anyone else
> experiencing this problem?
>
> I am using a thinkpad 600X.
>
> The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was remove the mknod
> command from the port makefile.. since as near as I can tell the fancy
> new devfs means I don't have to do that any more.
>
> Is this just an issue of the port needing to be updated to work with
> 5.1? or are others not having this problem?

Aron,

Sorry. I need to mark that one a BROKEN on versions > 5 until I can
get it updated.

It does not understand devfs at the moment, so it has no chance of
working with 5.1. As we speak I am updating my 600E to 5.1 to take a
shot at fixing it, but I am not a simply turned Simon Walton's work on
this into a port, so I don't make any promises as to when or if I'll
get it fixed.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)