Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:30:30 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Brian Smith <dbsoft@technologist.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPP over ATM

Brian Smith wrote:

> I was wondering what the state of PPP over ATM is, if there is at all.  And would like to offer my services in it's
> development if it isn't finished (or started) yet.  I inquired on #FreeBSDHelp on EFNet but I didn't get any
> useful results.  I am not sure if this is the correct place to be posting but I figured it could't hurt.

Don't forget to consider how you could do this with netgraph.
We already have ppp over ethernet and other  transports using netgraph,
(and mpd (in ports) already uses teh netgraph kernel ppp stack)

The hardest part from my perspective is finding the info for the drivers
for the ATM
(I assume you mean ATM as used in DSL) DSL cards.
We already have some ATM support so it would be a case of just
working out how to best hook it all together, preferably with netgraph
as the framework
to do so.

Who knows about the ATM stuff in the kernel?

> Thanks!
>
> Brian Smith

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org