Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        leoric <leoric@charter.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WHAT NOW? Another kernel build error

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, leoric wrote:

> I am trying to building a custom kernel but I get this error when I do a
> "make depend". This also happens when I try to build a plain GENERIC kernel:

looks like a problem with your make files.

> "/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 63: Could not
> find bsd.init.mk
> "/usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data/../../conf/kmod.mk", line 190: Could not
> find bsd.links.mk
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> *** Error code 1

you probably need to update /usr/share/mk from /usr/src/share/mk.

	cd /usr/src/share/mk
	more bsd.README
	make all install

then try your kernel build again.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche