Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 02:35:27 +0100
From:      Dean Lombardo <dlombardo@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Create & Share followup

Roger Hardiman wrote:

> David G. Andersen wrote:
> >
> > i've solved the problem as far as my needs are concerned;  opening the
> > tuner device with the intel create & share causes the camera to
> > shut-off (and ne'er again to open).
>
> Well, that means we know what the problem is, AND I have a fix.

...the fix goes here...

> Bye
> Roger

I wish you had this fix earlier... I posted a question about a year ago
but since no-one replied, I physically rewired the card by connecting
the S-Video camera input to the composite one (since it is composite
anyway, and *not* S-Video)... a little capacitor bridge had to be
removed along the way.

BTW, before I rewired it, it sort of worked (without the tuner), but the
picture came out black and white - I think the driver was confused,
interpreting the composite signal from the camera as S-Video.

Dean