Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 00:11:45 -0800
From:      Rick Eisner <rick_eisner@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't recognize serial mouse

Hi,

I felt frustrated at my earlier problem (using a USB mouse), so I
tried serial. I got a Logitech mouse & keyboard (radio connected, I
believe). Hooked it up, and the keyboard worked, but _not_ the mouse.

I just can't get moused to recognize the mouse at all.

When I run 'moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto' I get the response 'moused:
unable to open /dev/psm0: Device not configured'.

I have no idea how to configure the device.

I've attempted to use XF86Setup but can't find a mouse setting that
works. (It should be PS/2 and mouse device /dev/psm0. But that fails
every time I try.)

I need to enable the mouse to run first in FreeBSD. Then I should
(somehow) be able to configure it to run in XFree86.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help!!!

Rick

>its so much easier using a serial connector and let it be a serial mouse i
>had the same problem  usb in bsd is a nightmare, i got a serial connector
>and it reconized mine every time after that

-----
Rick Eisner
rick_eisner@bigfoot.com
510-883-0705