Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:06:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        Matthew King <revghost8@dingoblue.net.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NAT

check your internet settings in IE and netscape make sure in IE that they
are set to automatically detect settings and that they are not looking for
a dial up connection.  That is all you should have to do itf you set up
NAT properly.  Most of the time you don't even have to tell IE
to automatically detect settings.

As for NETSCRAPE i have no idea cause i never liked it.

just make sure it is not looking for a dial up connection either....tell
it you are using a LAN to connect to the internet.  You may have a DNS
problem too.  Make sure you have your windows machine set to use your
ISP's DNS....now that i think of it that is probably the problem.

default gateway is set to your bsd machine but DNS should be your ISP's

Jason

 On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Matthew
King wrote:

> hi,
> i have set it up that my freebsd box dials up to the internet,
> and i used the nat option to make this computer go on the internet to.
> But the nat option works i can use ICQ, mIRC, napster, ftp, telnet and every thing eles but i can't use netscape and ie for some reason.
> i can't go to any websites for some reason.
> Also i can't use outlook express to send/recieve mail so i had to move the modem back to this comp to send u this e-mail.
>
> Can you please help me!
>
> Matthew

G. Jason Middleton

Announcement: