Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:41:00 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-current@fair-ware.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "'Soeren Schmidt'" <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Subject:   RE: cc: Internal error: Illegal instruction (program as)

Soren,

I have a machine that uses a SiS 648, but it has other problems...  I'm
one of the unlucky individuals who bought the ASUS implementation of
this board, and ended up with a flaky P.O.S.

I'm seriously thinking of swapping it for a Tyan S2662 (Granite Bay)
motherboard, or waiting a few months for the 800 MHz FSB boards and
chips to come out.  My wife does a great deal of photo restoration, and
the faster FSB would be a major improvement over the ASUS board.

I haven't bothered to test any of my systems in an over clocked state,
as the stability is more important to me, and my work, than wringing out
the last MHz of performance. :)

--
Paul A. Howes