Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2003 02:39:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   soundblaster live(!) and -stable

Hi,

I'm running -stable and I just put in an older "SoundBlaster Live!" PCI
card I had laying around.  I added "device pcm" to my kernel config and
built a new kernel.

Something is detected at boot:

pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xdc00-0xdc1f irq 10 at device 19.0 on pci0
pcm0: <TriTech TR????? ac97 codec>

The first entry may be the SB, I'm not sure of the chipset on that card.
The second entry is a mystery.  There is no onboard sound on my mainboard,
only this one card.

No sound emanates from the card no matter what app. I throw at it.  No
"device not configured" errors, and catting .au's to /dev/audio does not
produce any errors.

Any ideas?  It seems odd that I'm getting that second line on boot.

FreeBSD green.nat.fasttrackmonkey.com 4.8-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
4.8-PRERELEASE #5: Thu Feb 27 18:27:49 EST 2003
root@green.nat.fasttrackmonkey.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GREEN  i386

Thanks,

Charles

--