Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 00:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Revy <revy@revynet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mplayer issues with sun audio

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Revy wrote:

> I have been looking around, how do  get sun audio support with the port
> mplayer?

i must be horribly lost now. FreeBSD 4.6 doesn't run on sun hardware to
the best of my knowledge. there is a sparc64 port of FreeBSD-CURRENT, but
i don't know how far along, and how stable that is.

> I am currently running FreeBSD 4.6.... I can use the PCM driver or the
> OSS driver tat i have.

for what soundcard?

did you even look at the FreeBSD supported hardware information?

> if anyone has any suggestions on how i need to modify my system it would
> be greatly appreciated.

if you could provide more information, that would also be really
appreciated.

perhaps some dmesg output..