Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 17:20:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        ntusnet@yahoo.com (David Ouyang)
Cc:        unixtools@hotmail.com (Unix Tools), questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I replicate two apache server

> I went to make the two server indentical, config file
> and data, (in real time).
> for example:
> I need the two server have the same files at
> /usr/local/apache/conf and /var/www/html.

I presume you mean on two separate machine.
Sure.  Just tar up those directories on the one you are doing
the evelopment on  and untar it on the other.

  cd /usr/local/apache/conf
  tar cvf ../conf.tar *
  cd /var/www/html
  tar cvf ../html.tar *

  ftp or scp or zip disk transfer the conf.tar and html. tar files
  to the other machine.

  cd /usr/local/apache/conf
  tar xvf ../conf.tar
  cd /usr/www/html
  tar xvf ../html.tar

The names/paths of the tar files will depend on where you want to put them.

If you want to have it constantly up-to-date on the fly
you would have to try something else.

////jerry