Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:26:39 +0100
From:      Steve Roome <steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com>
To:        Graham Wheeler <gram@cequrux.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).  ARGH!

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 10:05:55AM +0200, Graham Wheeler wrote:
> "Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote:
> >
> > I'm almost tempted to declare this a show-stopper for FreeBSD 4.1.
> > Is anyone else even able to reproduce this?
>
> As you know, Jordan, I have had this problem in a bad way since 4.0-R
> (currently running a 3 week old stablesnapshot). I made those terrible
> kludges to the driver that I sent you, which are definitely not a real
> solution. However, my mouse is now completely usable with these hacks. I
> suspect though, that the problem may be in the kbd driver, if only
> because I sometimes (quite infrequently, but even so) have my keyboard
> going screwy too, usually manifesting as the Enter key being remapped to
> (for example) backspace or scroll lock.

In case this is useful info ?

I've got two perfectly okay systems with ps/2 logitech mice.  So, is
there any chance it's X related. (i.e. PS/2 protocol instead of
sysmouse) or maybe it is limited to four or more button devices ?

Both systems run "moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto".

Work system : 4.1-RC (from last Thursday/Friday) with logitech mouseman (Model M-S43)
(from dmesg)
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
(from XF86Config)
Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "SysMouse"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   Resolution      200
   Buttons         3
EndSection

Home system : 4.0-RELEASE with logitech mouseman (quite old - don't know model)
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "SysMouse"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   Resolution      100
   Buttons         3
EndSection

On both systems /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/sysmouse, and both
work fine, with X 3.3.6, and I didn't have problems witht the mouse
with XF86 4.0 either, but I didn't stick with that for other reasons.

Don't know if this information is of any help though.

	Steve