Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2019 11:15:04 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com>
To:        lev@FreeBSD.org, Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_DTrace_SDT_probes_in_kernel_module_=E2=80=94_how_to=3F?=

On June 6, 2019 10:43:12 AM PDT, Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD=2Eorg> wrote:
>Hello Freebsd-hackers,
>
>What should I do to add SDT probes into kernel module=2E I've tried to
>add simple
>
>DTRACE_PROBE1(module__name, type, value);
>
>to source code=2E No errors, no probes after module load=2E I've added
>WITH_CTF=3D1 to make
> command line=2E Warnings from ctfmerge, no probes after module load=2E
>
>What is proper way to add SDT probes to module and how should I build
>it?

You'll need to include sdt=2Eh=2E You can see what is done and what I've a=
dded to ipfilter, which manages to indirectly include sdt=2Eh through other=
 headers=2E

Juxtaposed to this discussion, I'm hoping to implement USDT into mountd an=
d a few other places before next BSDCan=2E amd64 works=2E i386 is borked=2E

--=20
Pardon the typos and autocorrect, small keyboard in use=2E
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy=2ESchubert@cschubert=2Ecom>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy@FreeBSD=2Eorg> Web: http://www=2EFreeBSD=2Eorg

	The need of the many outweighs the greed of the few=2E