Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:10:41 +0100
From:      Chris Howells <howells@kde.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 ACPI and Asus s5200n

--nextPart1818711.yBFMYcKeaJ

Hi Nate,

On Monday 18 October 2004 17:59, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Unfortunately, suspend/resume problems are a low priority for me since:

Thanks for the comments.

> 1. All laptops I can get access to work fine.
> 2. I'm low on FreeBSD time

I know the lack of time problem well :)

> Hopefully, another developer will step up to help debug these problems.
>   As you can see from the Linux acpi-devel list, they have S3 problems
> on a lot of systems too and the user participation involves placing a
> infinite loop (hang:  jmp hang) in the sleep/wakeup assembly and keep
> moving it around until you find what makes it hang.

Ahh. I have just joined up to that list. I'll see what I can find out.

I can't wait until my copy of FreeBSD Design & Implementation arrives as I=
=20
really want to start doing some C/kernel programming :(

> I've got an X fix out there but have gotten no comments on it yet.

I will read the list archives.

=2D-=20
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C