Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:03:21 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP!! S/Key is ancient, OPIE is new

Hello all

S/Key is old and decrepit; OPIE has taken over from it just about
completely except in FreeBSD; I intend to fix this.

I want to remove S/Key from CURRENT completely, and replace it
with OPIE where necessary. For the most part, this means just
using PAM, but in one-or-two places, it may still be necessary
to use it directly (like temporarily in ftpd).

OPIE has been in the sytem for a couple of years; S/Key's removal
was never complete.

Please note that I'll start committing this in a few days unless
I get valid objections.

Thanks!

Mark Murray
Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn