Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:27:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mouse Problem

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Wayne Lubin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to have lost the right "clickability" in my
> right handed mouse. It is not a problem with my mouse
> cause it works on my windows slice. I am using gnome
> and have looked on gnome.org but can't find anything
> about this problem. I really don't know where to begin
> with this problem. Can someone please help? Thanks.

I have seen some mouse click problems inside of graphical environments
(X11 and KDE, Gnome, etc) when FreeBSD's mouse daemon was enabled. That
was long ago, however, and I've had the mouse daemon turned off four years
now. Probably you should try turning it off too.

If that don't help, do the more obvious: Check your /etc/X11/XF86Config
and see if your mouse is really set up correctly. However, if your mouse
worked before and you have not made any changes to your system (new mouse,
reconfigured X, etc), then the problem should not be with your XF86Config.
Checking won't hurt, however.

Greeings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org