Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:27:33 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshua@joshualokken.com>
To:        =?unknown-8bit?Q?$=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= <sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /stand (again) puzzle

* $ęręciya Kurdistanî (sereciya@kurdistan.ath.cx) wrote:
==> Hello,
==>
==> Di Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 07:27:33PM +0200 da dick hoogendijk nivîsand:
==> > I'm so puzzled that I did it all over again last night:
==> > # shutdown now
==> > # cd /usr/obj
==> > # chflags -R noschg *
==>
==>   Why are you messing with "chflags"?  You really shouldn't even
==>   have to touch that, in fact, I'm betting this is precisely one
==>   of the things that's causing a problem for you; try *without*
==>   the "chflags".

I would imagine he's doing it because it's in the handbook.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
21.4.5 Remove /usr/obj

As parts of the system are rebuilt they are placed in directories which
(by default) go under /usr/obj. The directories shadow those under /usr/src.

You can speed up the ``make world'' process, and possibly save yourself some
dependency headaches by removing this directory as well.

Some files below /usr/obj may have the immutable flag set (see chflags(1)
for more information) which must be removed first.

    # cd /usr/obj
    # chflags -R noschg *
    # rm -rf *

--