Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:26:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      <randy@turbowarp.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Rejected Mail Hosts

Hello,

I seem to have a situation I don't know where to begin looking to correct.
 Actually, it is more of a annoyance than a problem.

I have a Freebsd system located at a colocation facility that functions as
my development and email server.  At home, I have a Windows ME computer
using Secure CRT to access the Freebsd system.

While checking the daily logs, I notice that I have 20,000-50,000 mail
host rejections each day.  All coming from my home machine.

The messages that are getting rejected appear to be all to domains that I
have corresponded to in the past.

The Window machine is on a completely different ISP/network and the
Freebsd machine has no special "knowledge" of the Windows machine.  I have
updated the latest Macaffee Anti-virus and no virus was discovered.

How is an SMTP connection being attempted, through the SSH connection?
The only connection between the 2 computers is the password authenticated
Secure CRT 3.4.  As an added precaution I have set up sendmail access to
reject connections from the home Windows computer.  (Although, prior, the
logs indicated that they were being rejected anyway.)

On the Windows computer, I have and use Eudora (pop3/Imap) and Outlook
2000 (Exchange client).

I use other computers at other locations to connect in similar manners but
no SMTP rejections from these other locations.

Any possible causes or solutions or where else to turn to look would be
appreciated.

Thanks