Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:37:19 -0700
From:      "Ash, Uriel" <uriel.ash@honeywell.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Missing files from PPP

Hi Everyone;

I bought a US Robotics 56K external modem for use with my Dell Dimension XPS
(PIII-500 MHz, 192 Meg RAM. 20 Gig HDD). I went thru both the Handbook and
the Pedantic PPP Primer trying to install my modem. According to the Primer,
in the /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, there should be a "demand" section. I couldn't
find it. I also needed to make my own ppp-linkup file. There seemed to be no
example file ( or any ppp-linkup.conf)file on the system. I know that both
the primer and handbook were written with earlier versions of FreeBSD. Are
these files\sections till neccesary and how do I go about getting info as to
setting up the modem.

THanking you

Uriel Ash