Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:34:38 +0300
From:      "Eihab E. Ibrahim" <eihab@qatar.net.qa>
To:        "Stefan [Swebase AB]" <stefan@swebase.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan [Swebase AB]" <stefan@swebase.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 6:22 PM
Subject: Serious investigations into UNIX and Windows

[...]
> Some friends of mine have told me that yahoo, msn and microsoft all
> use FreeBSD but until i can show him that and prove it to him that
> means nothing.

Yahoo runs FreeBSD as well as many other popular sites.
You can check www.netcraft.com to find out which site is
running what.

A direct link to yahoo's results:
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.yahoo.com

MSN and Microsoft run Win2k, Win2k3.

Netcraft's website is filled with various surveys/graphs about web
servers,
their performance and uptime. You can find out more information on
how does FreeBSD stand against other OSes as a web server.

As for a comparison between FreeBSD and Windows
you may want to post your question to freebsd-advocacy@
mailing list (?), or wait until someone else replies with
a more fulfilling answer.

Hope this helped.

Eihab E. Ibrahim