Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 00:27:27 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, mishania@demos.su
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci if_fxp.c if_fxpreg.h

>> davidg      97/03/17 03:08:21
>>
>>   Modified:    sys/pci   if_fxp.c if_fxpreg.h
>>   Log:
>>   Fixed two deficiencies in the driver that have existed since it was
>>   written:
>>
>>   1) Full duplex mode is now supported (and works!)
>>   2) The 10Mbps-only PCI Pro/10 should now work (untested, however)
>>
>>   Thanks to Justin Gibbs for providing a PCI bus analyzer trace while the
>>   Intel Windows driver was configuring the board...this made it possible
>>   to figure out the mystery bit that I wasn't setting in the PHY for full
>>   duplex to work.
>>
>>   Revision  Changes    Path
>>   1.30      +89 -22    src/sys/pci/if_fxp.c
>>   1.7       +27 -1     src/sys/pci/if_fxpreg.h
>>

>we check this driver for 2.2-R,
>but before compiling kernel i change line 1101 in if_fxp.c from
>	error = ether_ioctl(ifp, command, data);
>	ether_ioctl(ifp, command, data);
>	^^^^^^^^^^^ is void in 2.2-R
>
>after this kernel compiled without any problems ...

   Why don't you just use the version that I committed to the 2.2 branch?
The above change is not sufficient for the driver to work correctly in all
cases (but this has nothing to do with your performance problem).

>but full duplex mode not work properly ...
>
>in half duplex we have 2400 KBytes/sec via ftp
>in full duplex we have   20 KBytes/sec as for previous revision of driver ...
>
>we have 82557 rev 1

   What is the card connected to? It must be connected to a fast ethernet
switch in order for full duplex mode to work.

-DG

David Greenman