Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:15:52 -0500
From:      ravi pina <ravi@cow.org>
To:        Bernie Johnson <ralph6412@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 06:29:43AM -0800, Bernie Johnson said at one point in time:
> I am having trouble with the new High Point 370a ATA
> Raid contoller.  I dont see any option in the kernel
> for drivers or to be able to recompile this raid
> controller into my system.
>
> Please help
>
> Bernie--

what does dmesg say on boot? http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.4R/hardware-i386.html
shows that its a supported device as a IDE/ATA controller
and uses the ata driver. i'm not sure you can use it as
a raid controller.  there is only one ide raid card that
i'm aware of that is supported, the 3ware cards. promise
has one, but its only really reliable as a jbod controller.

-r

--
echo "send pgp key" | mail ravi@cow.org
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that