Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jsin@broadcom.com (John Sin)
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/3771: bug report for 2.2.2-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR kern/3771; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jsin@broadcom.com (John Sin)
To: joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 11:57:20 -0700

   >Chris Timmons has pointed out in private mail that this looks like
   >it might be caused by a more general problem with the loopback
   >interface that I and others have noticed.  Could you please try
   >the same test again, but using your real host name instead of
   >"localhost" for the mount?

 The problem occurs with real host name as well as "localhost".
 I used "localhost" in the example in an attempt to isolate this
 problem from other network related issues.

   >I remember a comment of Doug Rabson that this was a known problem
   >with our NFSv3 implementation.

 That seems correct.  When I mount the filesystem with NFSv2 -- as in

 	mount -t nfs -o -2 localhost:/  /mnt

 this problem went away.   So at least now I have a workaround!
 Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

 Thanks for your help!