Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:53:14 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error messages from portsdb -Uu

At 08:11 PM 8/2/02 +1200, you wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 02:50:55PM +0700, Roger Merritt wrote:
>
>[...]
>> mpt-0.0:"/usr/ports/math/fftw" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
>> mq3-8_1:"/usr/ports/math/fftw" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
>> etc.
>>
>> I cvsup the ports regularly, by the way, so I would think my ports tree is
>> complete. What do these error messages mean, and is there anything I can do
>> to stop them?
>
>Just means that the INDEX file hasn't been update properly. Don't
>worry about it. It doesn't affect your ports.
>--
>Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
>"We laugh in the face of danger, we drop icecubes down the vest of fear"
>                                                 - Edmond Blackadder III

Thanks for your reply. I had realized that it didn't represent a problem
for me, but if that's the case then the error messages don't seem to be
useful for anything, either. Isn't there some way to stop them? I've seen
lots of people praising portupgrade to the skies. Do they all have to put
up with this garbage spewing across their screen when they do this?
--
Roger