Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jhampton1970@hotmail.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

> I am completely new to this concept. There are a lot of
> pictures and video clips I wish to share with friends.
> Would a FTP site be my best method of sharing. If so,
> how do I get started.

Well, it might be easier just to put them all on a simple web page
and let people pick them up from there.  Just put the .jpg files
or whatever where the web server can reach them and make a web page
with links to each pictuce.

Then, people can look at them and choose which ones they want to
have and just do a  File, Save as and voila, they have a copy on
their own machine to do as they please.  No worry about setting
up an anonymous ftp site.

It doesn't take up any more space and setting up the web page with
links is as easy as maybe easier than setting up some index for ftp
files, plus it automatically gives your people the chance to review
the pic before choosing to copy it.

////jerry