Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2001 00:26:39 +0100
From:      "Klaus Berbach" <K_Berbach@gmx.de>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Restore Userdatabase

Hello,

I wonder, after a reinstallation, how to restore my
userdatabase (plain Unix, no Kerberos or NIS). That is,
I need master.passwd, passwd and groups, I guess. What
else needs to be backed up for this purpose and - how
to restore it, since just copying back the files isn=B4t
enough, is it ?

Any help or point to documentation would be nice

Regards

Klaus